International Students

Audition and application details for EU, EEA and International students

Rambert School has a world-leading reputation, but is still an intimate school with up to 50 students accepted onto the FD/BA Degree course each year. Students typically live close to the School, often within walking distance, and there is a strong community spirit and “family feel” to the School.

Each year applications are received from all over the world. The current student body is made up of students originating from seventeen different countries and more than 45% of students are from outside the UK. The diversity of cultures at the School enhances creativity and broadens the overall learning experience.

Further details for Japanese students available on the Japanese students page

International Auditions

Due to COVID-19 and current restrictions in place in the UK, Rambert School will not hold International auditions for 2021 entry to the FD/BA Degree course.

Please see the FD/BA Applications page (see link below) for details of digital auditions as part of the application process.

find out how to apply

Tuition Fees – EU and International students

Update for EU students starting in the 2021/22 academic year and beyond
On 23 June 2020, England’s Universities Minister, Michelle Donelan MP, confirmed the following: “I am today confirming the eligibility rules for EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals, and their family members, who wish to commence courses in England in the Academic Year starting in August 2021. Following our decision to leave the EU, EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals will no longer be eligible for home fee status, undergraduate, postgraduate and advanced learner financial support from Student Finance England for courses starting in academic year 2021/22.

For entry in 2021, tuition fees for EU and International students applying for the FD/BA (Hons) Ballet and Contemporary Dance are set at £18,800 per year.  The tuition fee is subject to increase in subsequent years of study by an inflationary amount determined by Government.

At Rambert School we are committed to recruiting the most talented students regardless of their financial circumstances. To make this possible there is a range of financial support available to our students.

If you require any further information after reading these pages, please contact Judy Bowden, Head of Admissions, Registry and Student Support: Judy Bowden

Visit Fees & Finance page

If you plan to arrive in the UK from 1 January 2021 onwards, you will need to apply for a student visa if you are studying a course which is longer than six months in length. You will need to complete an application, pay an application fee (£348 for students), and have a current passport or other valid travel document. 

Most people will be able to complete their application, including identity verification, using a smartphone app. If you cant access the smartphone app or you don’t have a biometric passport, you may need to go to a Visa Centre in your country. You will need to pay a fee called Immigration Health Surcharge. This give you access to the UK’s National Health Service. Students receive a 25% discount on the usual cost of this surcharge. Details of costs will be available shortly. You will be able to apply for a student visa up to six months before you course starts.  

If you require assistance or would like further information about the visa application process or life as an international student, please contact our Head of Admissions Judy Bowden

Please see the link below to the Government guide – An introduction to EU students 

Please note to be eligible for a Student visa, you will need to score 70 points. Points are non-tradeable which means you will need to meet all the requirements. There are 3 point types that need to be met (study, financial & English language). Please see the eligibility sections of the above guide.  

Please note: EU/EEA & Swiss citizens are required to reach the B1 level standard of English for Foundation Degree students and B2 Level for BA (Hons) students in order to obtain a student visa and enter the UK.  

Students below this level should enrol on to a Home Office approved programme at their earliest convenience: Guidance on Applying for UK Visa Approved language Tests

The certificate gained should accompany your visa application. 

Useful Links

UK Visas and Immigration

UK Council for International Student Affairs

UK Home Office website

Rambert School holds a Tier 4 sponsor license and is registered with UK Visas and Immigration.

All non-EU/EEA/Swiss students need to apply for the Tier 4 (General) student visa.

Please read information regarding Responsibilities for Tier 4 Students.

A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is required for a visa application. Students whom are successful at second stage audition will be assigned a CAS number upon acceptance of their offer of a place at the school and receipt of their deposit. Students are required to reach the B1 level standard of English for Foundation Degree  and B2 Level for BA (Hons) Top up in order to obtain a student visa and enter the UK. Students below this level should enrol on to a Home Office approved programme at their earliest convenience: The certificate gained should be a SELT (Secure English Language Test).

Further information on the application procedure and English language requirements for a Tier 4 (General) student visa can be found at Government Guidance for Tier 4 Visa.

Useful Links

UK Visas and Immigration

UK Council for International Student Affairs

UK Home Office website

English Language Support

Students who do not have English as a first language are able to access support via our specialist ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) tutor who provides weekly group sessions.  Non-native English speakers are encouraged to attend these classes.

See details on Accommodation on the Student Support page

Contact the Admissions Team with any queries


By subscribing to the email newsletter you will receive exciting news and updates from Rambert School. We will keep your details private and of course won't pass your details on to any Third parties. Find full details via our Privacy Policy here.